Statement on 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM).
Statement by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul on the 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative':
"Senate Democrats have unveiled the Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative that recognizes the importance of domestic manufacturing to the U.S. economy and the need to create good middle-class jobs. Their plan includes proposals to provide policy support for private sector job creation and growth in America's industrial sector.
"These proposals reflect the need to reverse the long slide of America’s manufacturing sector, which has lost 63,000 factories and a third of its workforce since 2001. If enacted, these proposals will have an immediate and significant impact; by investing in American workers, leveling the playing field for U.S. manufacturers, and improving the conditions for growth, this agenda will create jobs today and build a sustainable economy for the future.
"We commend the Senators for standing with the 83 percent of Americans – Democrats, Independents and Republicans – who think it’s very important to strengthen U.S. manufacturing. We have heard innumerable promises about creating jobs in this country, but there is woefully insufficient progress being made. We are hopeful that these proposals will translate into meaningful, bipartisan action to revitalize American manufacturing, which, in turn, will strengthen the whole of our economy."
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014