Statement on 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM).
Statement by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul on the 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative':
"Senate Democrats have unveiled the Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative that recognizes the importance of domestic manufacturing to the U.S. economy and the need to create good middle-class jobs. Their plan includes proposals to provide policy support for private sector job creation and growth in America's industrial sector.
"These proposals reflect the need to reverse the long slide of America’s manufacturing sector, which has lost 63,000 factories and a third of its workforce since 2001. If enacted, these proposals will have an immediate and significant impact; by investing in American workers, leveling the playing field for U.S. manufacturers, and improving the conditions for growth, this agenda will create jobs today and build a sustainable economy for the future.
"We commend the Senators for standing with the 83 percent of Americans – Democrats, Independents and Republicans – who think it’s very important to strengthen U.S. manufacturing. We have heard innumerable promises about creating jobs in this country, but there is woefully insufficient progress being made. We are hopeful that these proposals will translate into meaningful, bipartisan action to revitalize American manufacturing, which, in turn, will strengthen the whole of our economy."
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014