Statement on 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM).
Statement by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul on the 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative':
"Senate Democrats have unveiled the Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative that recognizes the importance of domestic manufacturing to the U.S. economy and the need to create good middle-class jobs. Their plan includes proposals to provide policy support for private sector job creation and growth in America's industrial sector.
"These proposals reflect the need to reverse the long slide of America’s manufacturing sector, which has lost 63,000 factories and a third of its workforce since 2001. If enacted, these proposals will have an immediate and significant impact; by investing in American workers, leveling the playing field for U.S. manufacturers, and improving the conditions for growth, this agenda will create jobs today and build a sustainable economy for the future.
"We commend the Senators for standing with the 83 percent of Americans – Democrats, Independents and Republicans – who think it’s very important to strengthen U.S. manufacturing. We have heard innumerable promises about creating jobs in this country, but there is woefully insufficient progress being made. We are hopeful that these proposals will translate into meaningful, bipartisan action to revitalize American manufacturing, which, in turn, will strengthen the whole of our economy."
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014