Statement on 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative': Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM).
Statement by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul on the 'Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative':
"Senate Democrats have unveiled the Manufacturing Jobs for America initiative that recognizes the importance of domestic manufacturing to the U.S. economy and the need to create good middle-class jobs. Their plan includes proposals to provide policy support for private sector job creation and growth in America's industrial sector.
"These proposals reflect the need to reverse the long slide of America’s manufacturing sector, which has lost 63,000 factories and a third of its workforce since 2001. If enacted, these proposals will have an immediate and significant impact; by investing in American workers, leveling the playing field for U.S. manufacturers, and improving the conditions for growth, this agenda will create jobs today and build a sustainable economy for the future.
"We commend the Senators for standing with the 83 percent of Americans – Democrats, Independents and Republicans – who think it’s very important to strengthen U.S. manufacturing. We have heard innumerable promises about creating jobs in this country, but there is woefully insufficient progress being made. We are hopeful that these proposals will translate into meaningful, bipartisan action to revitalize American manufacturing, which, in turn, will strengthen the whole of our economy."
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014