SOTU programming note: FLOTUS guest list addition
Let's take a moment to step away from all of our State of the Union previews to get some truth down on paper: The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) likes a teenager who hustles. That’s why we were jazzed to hear that Joey Hudy has made it onto Michelle Obama’s SOTU guest list this year. He’ll be up in the gallery with the first lady as President Obama addresses the nation tonight.
Does Hudy look familiar? He might: A few years ago the young man flexed his manufacturing muscle at the White House Science Fair with his most excellent marshmallow gun. The president, as photographic evidence shows, was impressed.
We’re glad to see that Hudy will have a front-row seat for one of the biggest political speeches of the year. It shows the White House understands how important it is to incubate that kind of technological curiosity in kids. Can’t have a future industrial base without the people to power it, after all!
Check out Hudy talking to Bloomberg TV about the State of the Union address. Can’t see it? Click here.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014