SOTU programming note: FLOTUS guest list addition
Let's take a moment to step away from all of our State of the Union previews to get some truth down on paper: The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) likes a teenager who hustles. That’s why we were jazzed to hear that Joey Hudy has made it onto Michelle Obama’s SOTU guest list this year. He’ll be up in the gallery with the first lady as President Obama addresses the nation tonight.
Does Hudy look familiar? He might: A few years ago the young man flexed his manufacturing muscle at the White House Science Fair with his most excellent marshmallow gun. The president, as photographic evidence shows, was impressed.
We’re glad to see that Hudy will have a front-row seat for one of the biggest political speeches of the year. It shows the White House understands how important it is to incubate that kind of technological curiosity in kids. Can’t have a future industrial base without the people to power it, after all!
Check out Hudy talking to Bloomberg TV about the State of the Union address. Can’t see it? Click here.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014