At #SOSJobs Rally in Alabama, U.S. Congressman Robert Aderholt Stands up for America's Steel Industry.
At a steel jobs rally at U. S. Steel's Fairfield Works and Tubular Operations, Rep. Aderholt said America needs to defend its steel industry:
This is one thing that Democrats and Republicans agree on because manufacturing means jobs. That's what this is all about.
Aderholt cited the precedent of fighting for American-made pipes in America's drinking water infrastructure: "And now Buy America is the law of the land."
Rep. Aderholt said he's pushing for more of this type of Buy America legislation. And with regard to dumped steel pipe, Aderholt stated:
We believe that jobs are important for the state of Alabama and for the U.S. We want to see our jobs protected. We can work for you to save jobs in the United States.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014