At #SOSJobs Rally in Alabama, U.S. Congressman Robert Aderholt Stands up for America's Steel Industry.
At a steel jobs rally at U. S. Steel's Fairfield Works and Tubular Operations, Rep. Aderholt said America needs to defend its steel industry:
This is one thing that Democrats and Republicans agree on because manufacturing means jobs. That's what this is all about.
Aderholt cited the precedent of fighting for American-made pipes in America's drinking water infrastructure: "And now Buy America is the law of the land."
Rep. Aderholt said he's pushing for more of this type of Buy America legislation. And with regard to dumped steel pipe, Aderholt stated:
We believe that jobs are important for the state of Alabama and for the U.S. We want to see our jobs protected. We can work for you to save jobs in the United States.
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014