#SOSJobs: The Lorain rally wrap-up
Today, the Alliance for American Manufacturing joined citizens, workers, and state and federal legislators from Ohio to rally in support of steel jobs at the U.S. Steel’s Lorain Tubular Operations facility.
The products produced there – called oil country tubular goods (OCTG) – are used for energy exploration. OCTG provides the infrastructure for America’s boom in oil and natural gas production. You could even say it’s underpinning America’s shift to energy independence.
But America’s domestic producers of OCTG are in danger of being swamped by illegal competition. By dumping their OCTG products in the American market at prices far below fair value, companies based overseas are putting America’s jobs at risk.
Ohioans know how important these middle-class steelworker jobs are. They know these jobs are worth fighting for. That’s what brought U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown and U.S. Representative Marcy Kaptur to Lorain today. That’s why state-level legislators were in attendance, too. And that’s why a crowd of 300 workers and their neighbors turned out as well.
This is only the first in a series of rallies in defense of OCTG jobs. So click on the links above to learn more about what they had to say today. Learn more about the threat facing steelworkers in Ohio and across the country. Find an upcoming rally near you. And then take action to help.
We'll see you out there on the road soon, America!
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014