#SOSJobs: Join us in Granite City, Illinois next week
On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) joined citizens, workers, and state and federal legislators from Ohio to rally in support of steel jobs at the U.S. Steel’s Lorain Tubular Operations facility.
Next Friday, AAM will continue to rally support for steel jobs. Join us in Granite City, Illinois:
The steel products produced in Granite City – called oil country tubular goods (OCTG) – are used for energy exploration. OCTG provides the infrastructure for America’s boom in oil and natural gas production. You could even say it’s underpinning America’s emerging energy independence.
But domestic producers of OCTG are in danger of being swamped by illegal competition. By dumping their OCTG products in the U.S. market at prices far below fair value, companies based overseas are putting American jobs at risk.
These jobs are worth fighting for. That’s why Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and U.S. representatives William Enyart and Rodney Davis are joining us next Friday, May 16 at 3 pm.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014