#SOSJobs: Join us in Granite City, Illinois next week
On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) joined citizens, workers, and state and federal legislators from Ohio to rally in support of steel jobs at the U.S. Steel’s Lorain Tubular Operations facility.
Next Friday, AAM will continue to rally support for steel jobs. Join us in Granite City, Illinois:
The steel products produced in Granite City – called oil country tubular goods (OCTG) – are used for energy exploration. OCTG provides the infrastructure for America’s boom in oil and natural gas production. You could even say it’s underpinning America’s emerging energy independence.
But domestic producers of OCTG are in danger of being swamped by illegal competition. By dumping their OCTG products in the U.S. market at prices far below fair value, companies based overseas are putting American jobs at risk.
These jobs are worth fighting for. That’s why Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and U.S. representatives William Enyart and Rodney Davis are joining us next Friday, May 16 at 3 pm.
Related recent Blogs
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014