#SOSJobs: Join us in Granite City, Illinois next week
On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) joined citizens, workers, and state and federal legislators from Ohio to rally in support of steel jobs at the U.S. Steel’s Lorain Tubular Operations facility.
Next Friday, AAM will continue to rally support for steel jobs. Join us in Granite City, Illinois:
The steel products produced in Granite City – called oil country tubular goods (OCTG) – are used for energy exploration. OCTG provides the infrastructure for America’s boom in oil and natural gas production. You could even say it’s underpinning America’s emerging energy independence.
But domestic producers of OCTG are in danger of being swamped by illegal competition. By dumping their OCTG products in the U.S. market at prices far below fair value, companies based overseas are putting American jobs at risk.
These jobs are worth fighting for. That’s why Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and U.S. representatives William Enyart and Rodney Davis are joining us next Friday, May 16 at 3 pm.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Hey Joe, Remember Infrastructure at Netroots • by elizabethbb • 07/14/2014
- What's next in the OCTG trade case? • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014