#SOSJobs: Join the rally on the Iron Range
We’ve been to Ohio.
Next up? Minnesota. On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is joining workers on the Iron Range, at the very beginning of the steel supply chain, as they rally against a surge of dubiously priced imports flooding the American market… and threatening to swamp their jobs.
These workers aren’t calling for any special favors; just for the U.S. Department of Commerce to enforce America’s on-the-books trade laws. But they need help — and a big crowd — to make sure Commerce hears them.
But if you can’t make it to northern Minnesota for Monday’s rally (which is totally understandable) there’s plenty you do to learn about this issue and get involved from home:
- First: Get the facts. Visit our website that outlines that details of this trade dispute, and the threat the workers in Minnesota are facing.
- Second: Join the conversation online. We’re talking about this issue using #SOSJobs.
- Third: Watch online. Check out the livestream on the day of the rally, and watch video of the previous rallies in Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Alabama right now.
- Fourth: Take action. Send your elected officials a letter calling on them to stand up for enforcing our trade laws.
- And lastly? Spread the word. Share this website with your friends and family and tell them to take action too!
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014