#SOSJobs: Join the rally on the Iron Range
We’ve been to Ohio.
Next up? Minnesota. On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is joining workers on the Iron Range, at the very beginning of the steel supply chain, as they rally against a surge of dubiously priced imports flooding the American market… and threatening to swamp their jobs.
These workers aren’t calling for any special favors; just for the U.S. Department of Commerce to enforce America’s on-the-books trade laws. But they need help — and a big crowd — to make sure Commerce hears them.
But if you can’t make it to northern Minnesota for Monday’s rally (which is totally understandable) there’s plenty you do to learn about this issue and get involved from home:
- First: Get the facts. Visit our website that outlines that details of this trade dispute, and the threat the workers in Minnesota are facing.
- Second: Join the conversation online. We’re talking about this issue using #SOSJobs.
- Third: Watch online. Check out the livestream on the day of the rally, and watch video of the previous rallies in Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Alabama right now.
- Fourth: Take action. Send your elected officials a letter calling on them to stand up for enforcing our trade laws.
- And lastly? Spread the word. Share this website with your friends and family and tell them to take action too!
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014