#SOSJobs: Join the rally on the Iron Range
We’ve been to Ohio.
Next up? Minnesota. On Monday, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is joining workers on the Iron Range, at the very beginning of the steel supply chain, as they rally against a surge of dubiously priced imports flooding the American market… and threatening to swamp their jobs.
These workers aren’t calling for any special favors; just for the U.S. Department of Commerce to enforce America’s on-the-books trade laws. But they need help — and a big crowd — to make sure Commerce hears them.
But if you can’t make it to northern Minnesota for Monday’s rally (which is totally understandable) there’s plenty you do to learn about this issue and get involved from home:
- First: Get the facts. Visit our website that outlines that details of this trade dispute, and the threat the workers in Minnesota are facing.
- Second: Join the conversation online. We’re talking about this issue using #SOSJobs.
- Third: Watch online. Check out the livestream on the day of the rally, and watch video of the previous rallies in Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Alabama right now.
- Fourth: Take action. Send your elected officials a letter calling on them to stand up for enforcing our trade laws.
- And lastly? Spread the word. Share this website with your friends and family and tell them to take action too!
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014