Some solid #MFG facts, courtesy of the Census Bureau
Who says the government isn’t hep to the wild and wonderful web? The healthcare website might be a mess, but the U.S. Census Bureau has put out a pretty solid infographic that describes manufacturing’s role in the economy.
That’s only one image. But say, do you want some more solid Census facts? Manufacturing is one of the top three employers in 26 states; its average pay is roughly double that of a job in the retail sector; and, despite a decade that featured a precipitous decline in employment, 11 million Americans still work in manufacturing.
Image courtesy Census.gov
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014