Some solid #MFG facts, courtesy of the Census Bureau
Who says the government isn’t hep to the wild and wonderful web? The healthcare website might be a mess, but the U.S. Census Bureau has put out a pretty solid infographic that describes manufacturing’s role in the economy.
That’s only one image. But say, do you want some more solid Census facts? Manufacturing is one of the top three employers in 26 states; its average pay is roughly double that of a job in the retail sector; and, despite a decade that featured a precipitous decline in employment, 11 million Americans still work in manufacturing.
Image courtesy Census.gov
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014