Some great Tweets on the 'Made in America'/outsourcing issue
So, we're trying to find a clip from 'The View' to show all our readers something we learned via Twitter:
SCOTTNEVINS reports: I LOVED the audible gasp from "The View" audience when they found out the American Girl Doll was not actually made in America!
Also, JAKETAPPER posted a funny one Tweet today: What would candidate Obama say if Bush's jobs/competitiveness adviser ran a company that outsourced + paid $0 in taxes on $14B profit?
Regarding 'The View' focusing on the American-made issue, their blog has since been filled with posts on two very interesting discussion threads.
The first was an overall look at shopping for USA-made goods that started with this post:
I needed 60 W light bulbs and Bounce dryer sheets. I was in the light bulb aisle, and right next to the GE brand I normally buy was an off-brand labeled "Everyday Value. " I picked up both types of bulbs and compared the stats - they were the same except for the price. The GE bulbs were more money than the Everyday Value brand but the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that GE was made in MEXICO and the Everyday Value brand was made in - get ready for this - the USA in a company in Cleveland , Ohio . Take a min and look at what u buy
After that, someone started a post about buying an American-made coffeemaker:
There are coffee makers made in the US. Bunn coffee makers are made in Creston, Iowa. Good ole Iowans.
If we can find the segment from 'The View' on the Amercan Girl doll being made overseas, we'll be sure to post it.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013