Snow Shoes in Red, White and Blue
Okay, so these great old fashioned snow shoes aren't actually red, white and blue, but they were made in the USA.
Iverson Snowshoes started in Michigan in 1956 with Clarence Iverson, who crafted bentwood and rawhide snow-shoes in his garage workshop, and they make a great gift!
See a timeline of Iverson Snowshoes below (courtesy of Country Living magazine):
1959 Iverson introduces moisture-resistant neoprene lacing as a low-maintenance alternative to the original varnished rawhide.
1971 L.L. Bean starts carrying the snowshoes; 39 years later, the outfitter continues to offer Iverson's best-selling Green Mountain design.
1982 Clarence Iverson passes away, and his widow sells the brand a year later.
2010 Now owned by Shingleton natives Bob and Linda Graves, Iverson Snowshoes adds a high-performance racing model, constructed with white ash from Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Today, Iverson Snowshoes manufactures 11 styles and sell their product at approximately 160 sporting-goods stores across the country.
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013