"The Silence of Our Goverment on Currency Manipulation Has Become the Silence of Our Factories"
Senator Olympia Snowe encompassed the sentiment surrounding Congress' failure to act on putting an end to China's currency manipulation when she said, "The silence of our government on currency manipulation has become the silence of our factories," in regard to a letter sent to Senate leadership today.
The letter, co-written by Snowe and Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) urged Senate leaders to take a stand for American manufacturing and workers by voting on the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act, which was passed by the House of Representatives in September.
The senators wrote:
The problems facing workers and manufacturers due to currency manipulation are growing more severe with each passing day. China is by far the leading violator of international trade rules and its actions continue to harm America's workers, farmers, industry and manufacturing.
The American people are demanding legistlation to stop our trading partners from rigging the game to undercut true market competition. It is time for the Senate to meet that demand and take action by voting on the House-passed bill.
Read full press release.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013