Shopping on Black Friday? Buy American, Give American!
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which means after you've wrapped up the leftover turkey on Thursday night, it’s time to prepare for one of the most beloved (and dreaded) days of the year: Black Friday.
This Friday, millions of Americans will flock to their nearest mall and big box stores in search of great deals on hot-ticket holiday gift items. And even with the huge crowds and 3am mall openings, we don't blame them–everybody loves a great deal.
There is, however, one thing that the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) would like you to remember during your frenzied shopping trips: Keep it Made in America.
This holiday season, we challenge you to commit to one simple rule - Buy American, Give American.
Millions of dollars will be spent this holiday season on gifts, decorations, clothes, toys, furniture, cookware, and just about anything else you can think of. Why not put that money to good use? Every dollar you spend on items that are made in the USA helps keep another American factory open in Ohio or Illinois; helps another American worker keep their job in Pennsylvania or New York; helps another American family keep the lights on in Oregon or Texas. Buying American helps keep real people in real jobs across America, and it gives you better quality gifts for your family and friends (and maybe even for yourself–don’t worry, we won’t tell).
Can you think of a better holiday gift than that?
So Buy American, Give American. See how many holiday gifts and goodies you can buy that are Made in America this year.
And if you’re concerned about finding all the gifts you need Made in the USA, don't worry–AAM will be right here with a month-long Buy American, Give American shopper’s guide. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter (hashtag: #BAGA), or just check back on our blog for tips on how to keep your holiday season Made in America.
Ready to start shopping? Since Black Friday is rapidly approaching, below are some all-American ideas to get you started:
20%-50% select apparel and home items from midnight to 1pm. Check out this menswear, women’s apparel, boys & girls clothing, select cookware and more–a total of 2,413 items–all available at local Macy’s retailers and all Made in the USA.
30%-60% Doorbuster Deals on apparel, home items, and select tools from 4am to 1pm. Check out some of this clothing, housewares, and assorted tools–a total of 500+ items–Made in the USA and available at a Sears store near you.
|30%-60% off select items, including clothing, watches, jewelry, and more. Be sure to keep your eyes out for the 5,465 all-American items, including women’s clothes, menswear, accessories, and more.|
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013