#ShopAmerica: The last-minute gifts edition
As part of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) ongoing effort to demystify shopping for American-made holiday gifts, we've asked our staff to submit their favorite American-made gifts. This post is part a series of "Staff Selections" we'll feature on ManufactureThis in coming days. Today's post is written by AAM's office manager, Lauren Miller and field coordinators Linda Murch and Deb Ackerman. Check out all of AAM's holiday coverage, including more staff gift selections.
We know some of you are probably spending today and tomorrow looking for last minute Christmas gifts. As last-minute shoppers ourselves, we understand how that goes. Here are some suggestions for some good late-in-the-game gifts and stocking stuffers. Many (though sadly, not all) of these can be found on Amazon and shipped quickly!
My suggested gift, which makes a great stocking stuffer, is Burt’s Bees lip and body product. The products I have used are 100 percent natural, and are great for someone with sensitive skin. This may not be as fancy as a watch or bike, but it’s a practical gift and a great way for someone shopping on a tight budget to give an American-made present.
- Sea Bags – totes made from recycled sails in Maine
- Crayola crayons – made in Pennsylvania (check labels, some production has moved)
- Dalmatian Press coloring books – made in Indiana
- Fiesta dishware – made in West Virginia
- New Balance footwear – made in Maine (some no longer made in Maine – Check the label!)
- Alex and Ani jewelry – made in Rhode Island
All of my suggestions come from Ohio. Root Candles are always a great Christmas gift for family and friends. They’re really nice to give as gifts to party hosts and secret sisters.
Image from Burt's Bees website.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014