#ShopAmerica: American-made wearables make a great gift!
As part of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) ongoing effort to demystify shopping for American-made holiday gifts, we've asked our staff to submit their favorite American-made gifts. This post is part a series of "Staff Selections" we'll feature on ManufactureThis in coming days. Today's post is written by AAM field coordinator Jennifer Drudge and communications advisor Meg Reilly. Check out all of AAM's holiday coverage, including more staff gift selections.
As an avid sports fan, its not always easy to find American made products (logo'ed clothing, decals etc). While shopping for a new Anaheim Angels hoodie, I came across this one by Majestic, which happens to be made in the U.S.A. I will be asking Santa to bring me this for the Christmas this year.
For the "politico" in your life, the American Jacket Company makes American-made blazers, shirts, pants and ties emblazoned with the partisan logo of your choice. Their goal is to support American jobs, the U.S. manufacturing industry, and a resurgence in Made-in-America consumer pride.
The items are crafted in New York City's garment district. The option to have them made with partisan labels is a cheeky challenge to America's lawmakers and influencers to wear their politics on their sleeve and support American manufacturers this holiday season.
Image from MLB online shop.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014