#ShopAmerica: American-made wearables make a great gift!
As part of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) ongoing effort to demystify shopping for American-made holiday gifts, we've asked our staff to submit their favorite American-made gifts. This post is part a series of "Staff Selections" we'll feature on ManufactureThis in coming days. Today's post is written by AAM field coordinator Jennifer Drudge and communications advisor Meg Reilly. Check out all of AAM's holiday coverage, including more staff gift selections.
As an avid sports fan, its not always easy to find American made products (logo'ed clothing, decals etc). While shopping for a new Anaheim Angels hoodie, I came across this one by Majestic, which happens to be made in the U.S.A. I will be asking Santa to bring me this for the Christmas this year.
For the "politico" in your life, the American Jacket Company makes American-made blazers, shirts, pants and ties emblazoned with the partisan logo of your choice. Their goal is to support American jobs, the U.S. manufacturing industry, and a resurgence in Made-in-America consumer pride.
The items are crafted in New York City's garment district. The option to have them made with partisan labels is a cheeky challenge to America's lawmakers and influencers to wear their politics on their sleeve and support American manufacturers this holiday season.
Image from MLB online shop.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014