#ShopAmerica AAM Staff Selections: Spirit Hoods
As part of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) ongoing effort to demystify shopping for American-made holiday gifts, we've asked our staff to submit their favorite American-made gifts. This is the first in a series of "Staff Selections" we'll post on ManufactureThis in coming days. Today's post is written by Leigh Raup, AAM's assistant to the president:
My selection for a great Made in America holiday gift is a hood from SpiritHood. They are made in Los Angeles with faux fur. Being a huge lover of animals, this is important to me.
The SpiritHood I own was made in honor of Ronan Thompson, a victim of childhood cancer. It was made to support his foundation. It's named the "spicy monkey" hood, because that’s what his mother always called him.
The hoods depict specific animals, and the proceeds go to conserving the species represented on the hood.
A few key selling points: Not only is it a hood to keep warm, but it functions as a scarf and mittens as well. There’s also a zipper pocket. I would love to receive one of these as a gift. I already have one, but I would love to have another. SpiritHood supports good causes, they’re made in America, and they’re perfect for winter.
The company is an overall A+ in my book. Plus, they manufacture in America, so that gives them extra credit.
Image from SpiritHood's website.
Related recent Blogs
- As American as Apple Pie — But Made Overseas • by TGarland • 07/02/2014
- The Made-in-China Bay Bridge Continues to Cost California • by elizabethbb • 06/09/2014
- Taylor Stitch: Unique Clothing, Made in San Francisco • by scapozzola • 05/16/2014
- American-Made Beach Apparel for Men • by LRaup • 05/09/2014
- Everlane's Made in USA Tees for Women • by LRaup • 04/25/2014
- Celebrate the Holiday Weekend with American Apparel • by LRaup • 04/18/2014
- Spring into warm weather with Made in USA Nail Polish • by LRaup • 04/04/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- January 24 2014: Lots of legs on the stool that is manufacturing policy • by mmcmullan • 01/24/2014
- Californians trade hard-earned tax dollars for broken bridge and potentially criminal activity • by LDonia • 01/23/2014