#ShopAmerica AAM Staff Selections: Don, his Danners, and a YETI head outdoors
As part of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) ongoing effort to demystify shopping for American-made holiday gifts, we've asked our staff to submit their favorite American-made gifts. This is part a series of "Staff Selections" we'll post on ManufactureThis in coming days. Today's post is written by Don Morton, AAM's vice president for federal affairs:
YETI Coolers’ Tundra 65
The YETI 65 is probably my favorite thing ever. It keeps ice, drinks, and seafood cold in the blazing August sun during our yearly trips to the Outer Banks. It also floats, so it’s the perfect back-bay companion. And boy, is this thing solid: You literally couldn’t break it if you tried. I’ve had my YETI for five years and I know I’ll be handing it down to my kids one day.
One word of caution: While YETI is based in my home state of Texas and most of its coolers are manufactured in Ohio, Illinois, and Iowa, the company recently began contract production in the Philippines, which is pretty disappointing. So when you order, call them up (512-394-9384) and ask them to make sure yours is Made in the USA.
Danner’s Mountain Light II 5” hiking boot
I love these waterproof hiking boots by Oregon-based Danner. These are a great gift for the outdoorsman or woman in your family. They will keep your loved ones dry, warm, and safe whether they’re on the mountain, in the field, or hitting the pavement. And you can be assured these boots will last a lifetime, guaranteed by the quality and attention of the American workers in Danner’s Portland factory. These boots are my favorite footwear this time of year.
Image from Danner's website.
Related recent Blogs
- SUPER BOWL XLVIII: Tailgating in luxury • by LDonia • 02/02/2014
- #ShopAmerica: The last-minute gifts edition • by LDonia • 12/23/2013
- #ShopAmerica: American-made wearables make a great gift! • by LDonia • 12/22/2013
- #ShopAmerica: AAM staff selects gifts for wearing, riding and carrying • by LDonia • 12/21/2013
- #ShopAmerica: The American-made gift you make yourself ... sort of • by LDonia • 12/20/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Staff selections for work, home and play • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- Guest Post: Congressman Tim Ryan on the importance of American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- #ShopAmerica AAM Staff Selections: Don, his Danners, and a YETI head outdoors • by mmcmullan • 12/16/2013