Shift Changes: The Outdoor GreatRoom Company keeps outdoor entertaining an American-made affair
An Eagan, MN based company is helping its customers discover the benefits of outdoor entertaining—while they discover the benefits of domestic manufacturing.
According to The Outdoor GreatRoom Company, “The age of the Outdoor Room has arrived.” And given the company’s expansive collection of outdoor room essentials (fireplaces, outdoor kitchens, furniture, etc.)—and their growing customer base—we’d have to agree.
Founded in 2003, The Outdoor GreatRoom Company originally outsourced most of its production to facilities in China and India. But over the past year, the company has shifted the engineering and production of most of its line back to its Eagan headquarters, reports the StarTribune. The company now employs a workforce of 15 in its local manufacturing facility.
Dan Shimek, CEO of the Outdoor GreatRoom Company says he eventually hopes to sell only items made in the USA, "Not just because of the experience, but because it's the best thing to do for the country."
The Outdoor GreatRoom Company’s story is proof that no matter how big, small (or niche) a company is, it’s possible to keep it made in America while keeping profits up, and costumers happy.
Related recent Blogs
- How's the president going to get there on his transportation bill? • by mmcmullan • 02/27/2014
- For a company the size of Walmart, its Buy American commitment is tiny. It should make it much bigger. • by mmcmullan • 02/21/2014
- February 21, 2014: Make that Buy American commitment bigger! • by mmcmullan • 02/21/2014
- WeatherTech is serious about its American-made commitments • by mmcmullan • 02/20/2014
- Wearing American: We do it in the Olympics, so why not do it in government? • by mmcmullan • 02/07/2014
- AAM Media Coverage for #SOTU 2014 • by TGarland • 01/29/2014
- State of the Union Translator • by TGarland • 01/22/2014
- SOTU PREVIEW: Investing in American Infrastructure • by LDonia • 01/21/2014
- January 21, 2014: Imagining the fabled Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 01/21/2014
- New York's Governor Cuomo focuses on manufacturing in State of the State • by TGarland • 01/09/2014