Shift Changes: Buck Knives brings production back from China and carves out a manufacturing niche in northern Idaho
If you’re a fan of hunting, chances are you have a Buck Knife in your arsenal of gear. These iconic knives are proudly wielded by Americans from coast to coast, but for far too long many of these knives were shipped to the U.S. from a foreign manufacturer.
Twelve years ago, Buck Knives began outsourcing production of their hunting knives to China, and according to the Idaho Statesman, their customers were less than thrilled:
"Hunters are rednecks, and they don't like anything with that C word on it," said Chuck Buck, the company chairman, whose grandfather founded the company in 1902.”
Over the past several years, the company has shifted production of its hunting knives, along with many other products, from China to a plant in northern Idaho. In addition to making their customers happy, this move has helped create new jobs in the community.
Just goes to show…when it comes to manufacturing the type of quality products that Americans want to buy, the buck stops here.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- New American-made locomotives unveiled. • by scapozzola • 05/13/2013
- Members of Congress Press for "Buy America" Steel Preferences in Transportation, Defense, and Homeland Projects. • by scapozzola • 05/02/2013
- When taxpayer dollars are spent overseas... • by scapozzola • 04/30/2013