September 9, 2011 Headlines: Obama's Jobs Plan, Green Jobs in MS, Gary Locke in China, and More
NYT: Coverage of President Obama’s jobs speech last night. (Text here).
Politico: Moody’s estimates that if fully enacted, Obama’s jobs plan would add 1.9 million jobs and increase economic growth by 2%.
NYT: David Brooks and Paul Krugman agree on the need for serious jobs action.
538: People want jobs, but not “stimulus” or “spending.”
AP: China’s auto sales increase 4% in august, a troubling sign for the world’s biggest car market.
AP: U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke tells the Chinese Government that a strong U.S. economy is in their best interest.
WaPo: Ezra Klein on job openings vs. new hires.
NYT: Mississippi is bringing green manufacturing jobs to the magnolia state.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013