September 7, 2012 Headlines: Presidential candidates & manufacturing, jobs for veterans, and more on China's economic slowdown
The Nation.: President Obama's pledge to create 1 million manufacturing jobs by 2016 shows he's serious about job creation.
Bloomberg: Rather than promising to restore manufacturing jobs, presidential candidates should focus on policies that will keep U.S. competitive.
The Atlantic: New initiative trains veterans for skilled manufacturing jobs.
Bloomberg: China's economic slowdown means the country will not meet its goal of 10% trade growth.
Reuters: China approves 60 more infrastructure projects in effort to stimulate its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- April 7, 2014: The same old story about cyberhacking • by mmcmullan • 04/07/2014