September 7, 2012 Headlines: Presidential candidates & manufacturing, jobs for veterans, and more on China's economic slowdown
The Nation.: President Obama's pledge to create 1 million manufacturing jobs by 2016 shows he's serious about job creation.
Bloomberg: Rather than promising to restore manufacturing jobs, presidential candidates should focus on policies that will keep U.S. competitive.
The Atlantic: New initiative trains veterans for skilled manufacturing jobs.
Bloomberg: China's economic slowdown means the country will not meet its goal of 10% trade growth.
Reuters: China approves 60 more infrastructure projects in effort to stimulate its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014