September 7, 2012 Headlines: Presidential candidates & manufacturing, jobs for veterans, and more on China's economic slowdown
The Nation.: President Obama's pledge to create 1 million manufacturing jobs by 2016 shows he's serious about job creation.
Bloomberg: Rather than promising to restore manufacturing jobs, presidential candidates should focus on policies that will keep U.S. competitive.
The Atlantic: New initiative trains veterans for skilled manufacturing jobs.
Bloomberg: China's economic slowdown means the country will not meet its goal of 10% trade growth.
Reuters: China approves 60 more infrastructure projects in effort to stimulate its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013