September 7, 2012 Headlines: Presidential candidates & manufacturing, jobs for veterans, and more on China's economic slowdown
The Nation.: President Obama's pledge to create 1 million manufacturing jobs by 2016 shows he's serious about job creation.
Bloomberg: Rather than promising to restore manufacturing jobs, presidential candidates should focus on policies that will keep U.S. competitive.
The Atlantic: New initiative trains veterans for skilled manufacturing jobs.
Bloomberg: China's economic slowdown means the country will not meet its goal of 10% trade growth.
Reuters: China approves 60 more infrastructure projects in effort to stimulate its economy.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014