September 7, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Speech Preview, Romney on China, Costs of Outsourcing, and More
NYT: With the President’s upcoming jobs speech, Congressional Democrats are pushing him to invest more in public works and infrastructure jobs.
Yglesias: Mitt Romney pledges to name China as a currency manipulator.
Forbes: The Pentagon’s policies are undermining American manufacturing through a short-sighted approach to procurement and sourcing.
WaPo: German industrial production rose 4% in July. What do they have that we don’t? Maybe a Manufacturing Strategy?
NYT: Increasing manufacturing leads to increasing profits?
NYT: Former Chief Economist Lawrence Katz makes the case for investing in workers.
WSJ: Reports of China’s manufacturing slowdown have been greatly exaggerated.
M&T News: The actual costs of moving production to China. Hint: it’s higher than you’d think.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013