September 6, 2011 Headlines: Labor Day Speeches, Dueling Jobs Plans, WTO Victory, and More
WSJ: Voters are deeply unhappy; and President Obama needs a real jobs plan, not just words.
WaPo: Obama approval rating sinks to new lows in a Washington Post-ABC poll.
NYT: President Obama’s Labor Day speech in Detroit was well-received, but it seems that we’re repeating the same themes every year.
Mitt Romney unleashes a jobs plan that has 59 specific proposals to get Americans back to work.
Politico: Rick Perry hits at Mitt Romney on their respective records on job creation.
NYT: Chevrolet is trying to sell the Volt in China, but China is pressuring GM to share their technology.
USAT: As Congress returns from their month-long break, troubles are brewing and the potential for gridlock remains high.
Reuters: It sounds like a joke, but sadly it’s far too true: Congressional action may be hurting the economy, not helping it.
BI: Doug Short traces how we lost our manufacturing jobs and became a service economy.
CPD: As we’ve been saying, manufacturing jobs are necessary for any real recovery to begin.
The Hill: The WTO ruled that the United States can impose tariffs on Chinese tire imports.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013