September 6, 2011 Headlines: Labor Day Speeches, Dueling Jobs Plans, WTO Victory, and More
WSJ: Voters are deeply unhappy; and President Obama needs a real jobs plan, not just words.
WaPo: Obama approval rating sinks to new lows in a Washington Post-ABC poll.
NYT: President Obama’s Labor Day speech in Detroit was well-received, but it seems that we’re repeating the same themes every year.
Mitt Romney unleashes a jobs plan that has 59 specific proposals to get Americans back to work.
Politico: Rick Perry hits at Mitt Romney on their respective records on job creation.
NYT: Chevrolet is trying to sell the Volt in China, but China is pressuring GM to share their technology.
USAT: As Congress returns from their month-long break, troubles are brewing and the potential for gridlock remains high.
Reuters: It sounds like a joke, but sadly it’s far too true: Congressional action may be hurting the economy, not helping it.
BI: Doug Short traces how we lost our manufacturing jobs and became a service economy.
CPD: As we’ve been saying, manufacturing jobs are necessary for any real recovery to begin.
The Hill: The WTO ruled that the United States can impose tariffs on Chinese tire imports.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013