September 29, 2011 Headlines: Chinese Innovation, Unemployment Reactions, China Currency Bill Update, and More
WaPo: What’s the real threat from China’s rise? Their rising entrepreneurial class.
Bloomberg: The economy grew at 1.3%, faster than estimated but still far too slow to change unemployment.
WaPo: Can China and India boost American manufacturing?
Bloomberg: Bernanke calls unemployment a “national crisis,” and still Congress is taking no action on jobs.
WSJ: Business spending is up; but for capital, not jobs.
WSJ: The departing head of the Kansas City Fed doesn’t see much potential for long-term growth.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014