September 29, 2011 Headlines: Chinese Innovation, Unemployment Reactions, China Currency Bill Update, and More
WaPo: What’s the real threat from China’s rise? Their rising entrepreneurial class.
Bloomberg: The economy grew at 1.3%, faster than estimated but still far too slow to change unemployment.
WaPo: Can China and India boost American manufacturing?
Bloomberg: Bernanke calls unemployment a “national crisis,” and still Congress is taking no action on jobs.
WSJ: Business spending is up; but for capital, not jobs.
WSJ: The departing head of the Kansas City Fed doesn’t see much potential for long-term growth.
Related recent Blogs
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014