September 29, 2011 Headlines: Chinese Innovation, Unemployment Reactions, China Currency Bill Update, and More
WaPo: What’s the real threat from China’s rise? Their rising entrepreneurial class.
Bloomberg: The economy grew at 1.3%, faster than estimated but still far too slow to change unemployment.
WaPo: Can China and India boost American manufacturing?
Bloomberg: Bernanke calls unemployment a “national crisis,” and still Congress is taking no action on jobs.
WSJ: Business spending is up; but for capital, not jobs.
WSJ: The departing head of the Kansas City Fed doesn’t see much potential for long-term growth.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014