September 26, 2011 Headlines: High Unemployment to Linger, China's Savings Rise, Falling Currency Prices, and More
NYT: The weak housing market is forcing cutbacks at a window factory, but no layoffs.
Bloomberg: Making it in America: The Boeing 787 Dreamliner.
WaPo: The American Jobs Act may help, but high unemployment will linger for at least three years.
WSJ: China’s leading economic publication wants Chinese economists to increase foreign investment.
NYT: The truth of the Solyndra “scandal”: falling solar panel prices hurt the company, not corruption.
WSJ: Meanwhile, China has been engaging in corporate espionage to steal superconductor plans.
WSJ: As China’s economy has risen, Chinese people are saving more money than ever before.
The Economist: Looks like China’s so afraid of voting, they shut down their own American Idol-type show.
WSJ: As governments work to fight inflation, they are stymied by falling currency values.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013