September 2, 2011 Headlines: Terrible Jobs Numbers, Infrastructure and Growth, China Currency, and More
Job growth was completely stagnant in August, 0 jobs were created (NYT). More takes here, (MW) here, (WSJ) and here (Yglesias).
BLS: In the details: 3,000 manufacturing jobs were lost last month as well.
WaPo: Ezra Klein wants leaders in Washington to have a supercommittee for jobs, not just deficit reduction.
NYT: While the U.S. solar power industry fails to gain any capital, China is making massive investments.
WSJ: Exports alone will not lead to growth in a global recession.
CAF: Things we can do to bring manufacturing home, including a China Currency law.
Yglesias: Infrastructure spending leads to economic growth.
Related recent Blogs
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013