September 19, 2011 Headlines: Focus on Jobs, Manufacturing Capacity Down, GE Invests in TX and PA, and More
WSJ: Former President Clinton says that we need to focus on jobs, not cuts.
MIT News: A forum at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology looks at the future of making it in America.
USAT: Is China stealing our technology for all-electric cars?
WSJ: Violent protests at a solar panel factory in China.
Reuters: GE Will be investing $200 million in locomotive plants in Texas and Pennsylvania
WSJ: Is there reason to be hopeful for the economy in the next few months?
NYT: Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman sounds the alarm on the folly of austerity plans.
WSJ: Unemployment is increasing across several states.
WSJ: The U.S. Trade Representative urges Congress to quickly enact new free trade deals.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013