September 15, 2011 Headlines: Green Jobs Problems, Income Falls, Chinese-Made Electric Car, and More
WaPo: A green jobs loan program that was supposed to create 65,000 jobs has only created 3,545 jobs so far.
USAT: The typical American household income fell over the past decade.
Ezra Klein: The jobs crisis began in 2001.
WSJ: Is China overly-reliant on exports?
NYT: Paul Krugman on the long-term unemployed Americans living deeply below the poverty line.
WSJ: Will the Fed take anymore quantitative easing steps to fix the economy.
USAT: The first Chinese-made car to be sold in the US is the all-electric Coda.
WaPo: The challenges facing the Supercommittee.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013