September 13, 2012 Headlines: American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act passes House, and more...
Boston Globe: Corporate investments and highly skilled workers place Boston at the forefront of a manufacturing renaissance.
Tulsa World: Many of Broken Arrow, TX's 300 manufacturers cannot grow as quickly as they want, because they lack skilled workers.
WSJ: A state-owned Chinese bank will serve as the sole lender, and take a lead role in, building a power plant in Texas.
PCWorld: Chinese authorities investigating death of Foxconn worker.
Buzzfeed: Apple releases videos focused on manufacturing that omit factory workers from narrative.
Supply Chain Digest: New report says U.S. may see increase in manufacturing, but Chinese labor costs will not be cause.
Rockford Register Star: Presence of machinists at International Manufacturing Technology Show may be indicator the economy is growing.
Washington Post: U.S. Lawmakers will question executives of two major Chinese firms to determine whether their ambitions create a threat to American security.
Northwest Indiana Times: Manufacturing a key issue in gubernatorial race.
South Town Star: H.R. 5865 passes House of Representatives.
Related recent Blogs
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- November 27, 2013: Tension over the East China Sea and more • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- November 26, 2013: Holding out hope for Chinese economic reform • by mmcmullan • 11/26/2013
- November 25, 2013: Uncontrollable turkey tension • by mmcmullan • 11/25/2013
- November 22, 2013: Congratulations to Tesla and a look ahead • by LDonia • 11/22/2013
- November 21, 2013: Defense Authorization bill, Trans-Pacific Partnership and Tax Reform, oh my! • by LDonia • 11/21/2013