September 11, 2012 Headlines: Jobs for veterans, trade gap widening, and the effects of China's sluggish economy
Bloomberg: New task force working to close gap between military manufacturing training and requirements for civilian jobs in effort to aid veterans in finding work.
NYT: Worker advocacy groups say teachers are forcing their students to work on iPhone assembly lines at Foxconn.
Reuters: Decrease in iron ore prices leads to many Chinese miners curbing output.
Coshocton Tribune: Romney tells Ohio he will create more manufacturing jobs; offers not detail as to how.
Detroit Free Press: U.S. Labor Secretary says Trade Adjustment Assistance program should be expanded to help manufacturing workers who lost their jobs as a result of foreign competition.
ZD Net: China's struggling economy may hurt IT manufacturing sector the most.
Business Insider: Weak overseas economies hurting U.S. manufacturing.
Financial Times: U.S. trade gap widened in July.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014