September 11, 2012 Headlines: Jobs for veterans, trade gap widening, and the effects of China's sluggish economy
Bloomberg: New task force working to close gap between military manufacturing training and requirements for civilian jobs in effort to aid veterans in finding work.
NYT: Worker advocacy groups say teachers are forcing their students to work on iPhone assembly lines at Foxconn.
Reuters: Decrease in iron ore prices leads to many Chinese miners curbing output.
Coshocton Tribune: Romney tells Ohio he will create more manufacturing jobs; offers not detail as to how.
Detroit Free Press: U.S. Labor Secretary says Trade Adjustment Assistance program should be expanded to help manufacturing workers who lost their jobs as a result of foreign competition.
ZD Net: China's struggling economy may hurt IT manufacturing sector the most.
Business Insider: Weak overseas economies hurting U.S. manufacturing.
Financial Times: U.S. trade gap widened in July.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014