September 11, 2012 Headlines: Jobs for veterans, trade gap widening, and the effects of China's sluggish economy
Bloomberg: New task force working to close gap between military manufacturing training and requirements for civilian jobs in effort to aid veterans in finding work.
NYT: Worker advocacy groups say teachers are forcing their students to work on iPhone assembly lines at Foxconn.
Reuters: Decrease in iron ore prices leads to many Chinese miners curbing output.
Coshocton Tribune: Romney tells Ohio he will create more manufacturing jobs; offers not detail as to how.
Detroit Free Press: U.S. Labor Secretary says Trade Adjustment Assistance program should be expanded to help manufacturing workers who lost their jobs as a result of foreign competition.
ZD Net: China's struggling economy may hurt IT manufacturing sector the most.
Business Insider: Weak overseas economies hurting U.S. manufacturing.
Financial Times: U.S. trade gap widened in July.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013