Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) introduces manufacturing proposal in advance of the 'State of the Union'
President Obama’s State of the Union address is still hours away, but already elected officials, issue organizations (including yours truly), and even individuals are making it clear what they’d like to see in terms of a 2013 agenda.
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) is no different. Today Brown hosted a media call to encourage the creation of a National Network of Manufacturing Innovation. Brown is currently writing legislation to create more manufacturing centers.
Included on the call with Senator Brown was Gwendolyn Hall, a second-generation steelworker who currently works for ArcelorMittal. Hall will be Brown’s guest at tonight’s speech.
Brown said he selected Hall as his guest after meeting her at a union hall. The senators said that he thought Hall and her fellow plant workers were a great success story of American manufacturing, one that’s important to their region (Cleveland, OH).
Be sure to look for both Brown and Hall at the State of the Union tonight. If you’ll be following along on Twitter, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will be live tweeting from @KeepitMadeinUSA and AAM’s President Scott Paul will be contributing his own expert analysis from @ScottPaulAAM.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013