Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) introduces manufacturing proposal in advance of the 'State of the Union'
President Obama’s State of the Union address is still hours away, but already elected officials, issue organizations (including yours truly), and even individuals are making it clear what they’d like to see in terms of a 2013 agenda.
Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) is no different. Today Brown hosted a media call to encourage the creation of a National Network of Manufacturing Innovation. Brown is currently writing legislation to create more manufacturing centers.
Included on the call with Senator Brown was Gwendolyn Hall, a second-generation steelworker who currently works for ArcelorMittal. Hall will be Brown’s guest at tonight’s speech.
Brown said he selected Hall as his guest after meeting her at a union hall. The senators said that he thought Hall and her fellow plant workers were a great success story of American manufacturing, one that’s important to their region (Cleveland, OH).
Be sure to look for both Brown and Hall at the State of the Union tonight. If you’ll be following along on Twitter, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will be live tweeting from @KeepitMadeinUSA and AAM’s President Scott Paul will be contributing his own expert analysis from @ScottPaulAAM.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013