Senator Casey expresses concerns over China currency manipulation to Jack Lew
In the aftermath of Jack Lew's confirmation hearings to be the next Treasury Secretary, Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) released a statement of his support for Lew:
'I was happy to sit down today to meet with Treasury Secretary nominee Jack Lew. I took the opportunity to address a range of issues of importance to Pennsylvania and the nation. I talked to him about the need to get tough on currency manipulation to level the playing field for American manufacturers, the importance of fair trade policy to help create U.S. jobs and the need for responsible tax reform to spur innovation. Jack is a dedicated and experienced public servant. Our country faces a host of challenges and I am confident the Jack Lew is the right man for the job. I will strongly support his confirmation.'
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is a strong advocate of getting tough on China in an effort to level the playing field for American manufacturers. Kudos to Sen. Casey for raising this important issue.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013