Senator Casey expresses concerns over China currency manipulation to Jack Lew
In the aftermath of Jack Lew's confirmation hearings to be the next Treasury Secretary, Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) released a statement of his support for Lew:
'I was happy to sit down today to meet with Treasury Secretary nominee Jack Lew. I took the opportunity to address a range of issues of importance to Pennsylvania and the nation. I talked to him about the need to get tough on currency manipulation to level the playing field for American manufacturers, the importance of fair trade policy to help create U.S. jobs and the need for responsible tax reform to spur innovation. Jack is a dedicated and experienced public servant. Our country faces a host of challenges and I am confident the Jack Lew is the right man for the job. I will strongly support his confirmation.'
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is a strong advocate of getting tough on China in an effort to level the playing field for American manufacturers. Kudos to Sen. Casey for raising this important issue.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014