Senator Casey expresses concerns over China currency manipulation to Jack Lew
In the aftermath of Jack Lew's confirmation hearings to be the next Treasury Secretary, Senator Bob Casey (D-PA) released a statement of his support for Lew:
'I was happy to sit down today to meet with Treasury Secretary nominee Jack Lew. I took the opportunity to address a range of issues of importance to Pennsylvania and the nation. I talked to him about the need to get tough on currency manipulation to level the playing field for American manufacturers, the importance of fair trade policy to help create U.S. jobs and the need for responsible tax reform to spur innovation. Jack is a dedicated and experienced public servant. Our country faces a host of challenges and I am confident the Jack Lew is the right man for the job. I will strongly support his confirmation.'
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) is a strong advocate of getting tough on China in an effort to level the playing field for American manufacturers. Kudos to Sen. Casey for raising this important issue.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013