Sen. Sherrod Brown fights to Keep American flags made in America
In honor of Flag Day, we wanted to highlight the patriotic efforts of Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH). Sen. Brown is set to introduce new legislation that would require that all flags purchased by the Federal Government be made in America. As he put it,
“American flags should be American-made. With Ohio companies proudly producing the American flag, taxpayer funds should not be used to purchase foreign-made flags. Our nation’s economic strength is tied to a strong manufacturing sector and we should be doing everything we can to support American manufacturing.”
This is no new fight: Back in 2008, members of the West Virginia House of Delegates fought to pass a bill that would require that any U.S. or West Virginia flags purchased with state funds be made in American.
We applaud Sen. Brown for supporting this legislation and hope that one day every flag that we wave in this country is made in this country.
Related recent Blogs
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014