Sen. Sherrod Brown fights to Keep American flags made in America
In honor of Flag Day, we wanted to highlight the patriotic efforts of Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH). Sen. Brown is set to introduce new legislation that would require that all flags purchased by the Federal Government be made in America. As he put it,
“American flags should be American-made. With Ohio companies proudly producing the American flag, taxpayer funds should not be used to purchase foreign-made flags. Our nation’s economic strength is tied to a strong manufacturing sector and we should be doing everything we can to support American manufacturing.”
This is no new fight: Back in 2008, members of the West Virginia House of Delegates fought to pass a bill that would require that any U.S. or West Virginia flags purchased with state funds be made in American.
We applaud Sen. Brown for supporting this legislation and hope that one day every flag that we wave in this country is made in this country.
Related recent Blogs
- More Exports Are Nice, but Let’s Not Forget about Surging Imports • by elizabethbb • 09/02/2014
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014