Sen. Sherrod Brown fights to Keep American flags made in America
In honor of Flag Day, we wanted to highlight the patriotic efforts of Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH). Sen. Brown is set to introduce new legislation that would require that all flags purchased by the Federal Government be made in America. As he put it,
“American flags should be American-made. With Ohio companies proudly producing the American flag, taxpayer funds should not be used to purchase foreign-made flags. Our nation’s economic strength is tied to a strong manufacturing sector and we should be doing everything we can to support American manufacturing.”
This is no new fight: Back in 2008, members of the West Virginia House of Delegates fought to pass a bill that would require that any U.S. or West Virginia flags purchased with state funds be made in American.
We applaud Sen. Brown for supporting this legislation and hope that one day every flag that we wave in this country is made in this country.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013