Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) Explains the Toll of China's Ongoing Currency Manipulation
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) gave an impassioned floor speech yesterday urging action on China's continued, illegal currency manipulation, which has cost millions of U.S. jobs. Brown cited a June report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) that estimates up to 2.25 million jobs could be created, and the U.S. budget deficit reduced by $71.4 billion annually, if China’s and other nations’ currencies were brought to market values.
Brown's speech starts at 6:46:44 into the C-Span footage.
Related recent Blogs
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014
- 86th Academy Awards: The Top 5 Manufacturing Movies • by scapozzola • 02/28/2014