Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) Explains the Toll of China's Ongoing Currency Manipulation
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) gave an impassioned floor speech yesterday urging action on China's continued, illegal currency manipulation, which has cost millions of U.S. jobs. Brown cited a June report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) that estimates up to 2.25 million jobs could be created, and the U.S. budget deficit reduced by $71.4 billion annually, if China’s and other nations’ currencies were brought to market values.
Brown's speech starts at 6:46:44 into the C-Span footage.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014