Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) Explains the Toll of China's Ongoing Currency Manipulation
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) gave an impassioned floor speech yesterday urging action on China's continued, illegal currency manipulation, which has cost millions of U.S. jobs. Brown cited a June report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) that estimates up to 2.25 million jobs could be created, and the U.S. budget deficit reduced by $71.4 billion annually, if China’s and other nations’ currencies were brought to market values.
Brown's speech starts at 6:46:44 into the C-Span footage.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014