Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) Explains the Toll of China's Ongoing Currency Manipulation
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) gave an impassioned floor speech yesterday urging action on China's continued, illegal currency manipulation, which has cost millions of U.S. jobs. Brown cited a June report by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) that estimates up to 2.25 million jobs could be created, and the U.S. budget deficit reduced by $71.4 billion annually, if China’s and other nations’ currencies were brought to market values.
Brown's speech starts at 6:46:44 into the C-Span footage.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013