Sen. Sherrod Brown Calls for National Infrastructure Bank
Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) held a press conference recently along the banks of the Cuyahoga River to highlight the urgency of much-needed infrastructure repairs. That section of the river, known as Irishtown Bend, is close to collapsing, posing a threat to companies that rely on the river to do business.
Brown plans to introduce a bill that would create a national infrastructure bank to provide loans and loan guarantees to projects that are in need of federal assistance.
Related recent Blogs
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014