Sen. Rockefeller: “The American military should be protected by American steel”
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) declared yesterday that he will start pressing the Department of Defense (DoD) to use American-made steel to produce military vehicles.
Currently, the DoD permits the melting stage of steel used to make armor plates for military vehicles to take place overseas. Sen. Rockefeller and seven of his colleagues recently sent a letter to the DoD requesting that this crucial stage of the assembly process be required to take place in U.S. steel plants.
Sen. Rockefeller said in a statement yesterday that “this move will help protect American steel jobs and businesses,” and that he believes the “American military should be protected by American steel.”
Click here to view the letter that Sen. Rockefeller and other Senators recently sent to the DoD.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013