Sen. Rockefeller: “The American military should be protected by American steel”
Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) declared yesterday that he will start pressing the Department of Defense (DoD) to use American-made steel to produce military vehicles.
Currently, the DoD permits the melting stage of steel used to make armor plates for military vehicles to take place overseas. Sen. Rockefeller and seven of his colleagues recently sent a letter to the DoD requesting that this crucial stage of the assembly process be required to take place in U.S. steel plants.
Sen. Rockefeller said in a statement yesterday that “this move will help protect American steel jobs and businesses,” and that he believes the “American military should be protected by American steel.”
Click here to view the letter that Sen. Rockefeller and other Senators recently sent to the DoD.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014