Sen. Casey and USW Join Together to Fight Unfair Chinese Trade Practices
Tomorrow, Senator Casey (D-PA) will join United Steelworkers (USW) President Leo Gerard in a press conference to urge the Chinese government to end unfair trade practices that hurt the U.S. economy and cost jobs. Senator Casey today sent a letter to President Obama urging him to press the Chinese President on the issue when he visits Washington.
The press conference will occur at 1:30 pm at the United Steelworkers Pittsburgh headquarters.
To read about Senators Schumer, Stabenow and Casey's legislation to fight unfair currency manipulation click here.
Read Sen. Casey's letter to the President here.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013