Reps. Lipinski and Kinzinger Introduce Bill to Boost American Manufacturing
U.S. Reps. Dan Lipinski (D-IL) and Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) have introduced H.R. 2447, the American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2013, a bill that would bring together the private and public sectors to develop recommendations to revitalize American manufacturing and create good-paying, middle-class U.S. jobs.
Said Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), “We commend Congressmen Lipinski and Kinzinger for their authorship of the American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2013. Our nation’s manufacturers and their workers stand poised for a manufacturing resurgence, but Washington must do its part by implementing a strategy that actively responds to the challenges of the 21st Century.”
AAM has also outlined its own key elements of a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014
- No, Technology Isn’t an Automatic Job Killer • by elizabethbb • 08/07/2014