Reps. Lipinski and Kinzinger Introduce Bill to Boost American Manufacturing
U.S. Reps. Dan Lipinski (D-IL) and Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) have introduced H.R. 2447, the American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2013, a bill that would bring together the private and public sectors to develop recommendations to revitalize American manufacturing and create good-paying, middle-class U.S. jobs.
Said Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), “We commend Congressmen Lipinski and Kinzinger for their authorship of the American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2013. Our nation’s manufacturers and their workers stand poised for a manufacturing resurgence, but Washington must do its part by implementing a strategy that actively responds to the challenges of the 21st Century.”
AAM has also outlined its own key elements of a national manufacturing strategy.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014