Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus.
Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) have formed a Congressional Public Transportation Caucus that will focus on buses, bus rapid transit, and both light and heavy rail.
The caucus hopes to address the challenges and needs of mass transit agencies across the country.
Their timing couldn't be better. The U.S. urgently needs major repairs for key infrastructure, including failing bridges. At the same time, increased demand and decreased funding are putting unprecedented pressure on the nation's public transportation systems.
As the caucus looks to improve public transit, the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) encourages a look at Buy America preferences when public investment is involved in transit upgrades in infrastructure repairs.
Related recent Blogs
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013