Reporting from Ohio: Steve Bennish talks about Dayton's economy and "Scrappers"
If you regularly read ManufactureThis, or receive morning/evening email updates (sign up for them here) from the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) you probably recognize the name "Steve Bennish."
Bennish is a reporter at the Dayton Daily News, and we frequently cite his articles as he reports on issues that are near and dear to us: labor, jobs, manufacturing ... all the good stuff!
But what you may not know is that Bennish is also quite a gifted photographer. Earlier this year, he released Scrappers: Dayton, Ohio, and America Turn to Scrap. Bennish's book documents in photos Dayton's economic travails and, in the absence of middle-income employment, how some of its residents have turned elsewhere to eke out a life.
Below, you will find an interview he did with David Sparks, a Dayton-based web journalist.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014