Remember - Tomorrow is Small Business Saturday!
This weekend is one of the busiest shopping weekends of the season. Tomorrow, American Express and hundreds of supporting businesses are sponsoring the 2nd annual Small Business Saturday (SBS) – Saturday, November 26th – a day devoted to the support of small businesses across the country.
SBS was first launched as a means to steer American consumers toward small, locally-owned businesses in order to boost local economies. The U.S. Small Business Administration calls the event an effort to “help drive shoppers to American job creators,” since small businesses generate “two out of every three net new jobs over the past 15 years and employ over half of all private sector employees.”
While you’re out today, loading up on the Black Friday swag, don’t forget to leave room for some Small Business Saturday shopping!
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013