ReMaking the American tax code to create jobs
For all you calendar watchers—it’s officially fall. And that means a new set of issues Congress will take on a new set of issues—possibly tax reform.
If/when Congress decides to address tax reform, it must remember to reward investment at home.
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) President Scott Paul explains in AAM’s newly released book, ReMaking America:
Tax reform must not be driven solely by the misguided and simplistic notion that the primary goal should be lowering tax rates and broadening the tax base. More important, tax reform should enhance economic growth, improve the climate for the nation’s productive sector and create a long-term path to prosperity for the companies that operate in the United States and their American workers.
Tax reform could have a significant impact on where U.S. companies decide to invest, innovate, produce and create jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014