ReMaking America will create jobs
Hey Congress! We’re talking to you. The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) and most Americans would like to avoid a government shutdown.
But you know what else Americans overwhelmingly agree on? Putting Americans back to work. Carl Pope, a veteran environmental leader and a featured author in ReMaking America, busts out some numbers:
If there is a bipartisan consensus on any issue, it is on the urgency of a manufacturing revival. The public has overwhelmingly voiced its support for the government’s adopting a manufacturing policy that puts Americans to work. In recent polls, two-thirds of Republicans, Independents and Democrats alike agreed that other sectors could not replace manufacturing as a source of economic strength, and similar majorities favored a national manufacturing policy.
A four letter word has been missing from the shutdown spat: j-o-b-s. It's time for the Administration and Congress to focus on helping the American people by establishing a national manufacturing strategy to ensure a stable economy and put Americans back to work.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: The American-made gift you make yourself ... sort of • by LDonia • 12/20/2013
- Rep.Tim Ryan leads effort to prioritize U.S. manufacturing in tax reform discussions • by TGarland • 12/20/2013
- December 20, 2013: Manufacturing weathermen • by mmcmullan • 12/20/2013
- Guest Post: Congressman Tim Ryan on the importance of American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/19/2013
- QOTD: AAM President Scott Paul talks young workers in manufacturing • by TGarland • 12/19/2013
- December 19, 2013: New gig for Baucus? • by mmcmullan • 12/19/2013
- Missed our #ShopAmerica twitter chat? We've got you covered! • by LDonia • 12/18/2013
- ITC made the right call on hot-rolled steel imports • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013
- WE ARE ... made in Pennsylvania • by TGarland • 12/18/2013
- December 18, 2013: Selling the trade agenda • by mmcmullan • 12/18/2013